A career opportunity is available at Gidgee Healing, undertaking the position of Aged Care Service Manager.
We are seeking a motivated, resilient, adaptable and hardworking individual to be an integral component in making our recent transition into Aged Care something amazing! We have 2 available positions based in Normanton and Mornington Island.
Gidgee provides a broad range of primary health care services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people across the region; including GPs, Nursing; Aboriginal Health Workers; Allied Health professionals; Maternal and Child Health; and visiting Medical Specialists. Gidgee also provides a range of family-focused Mental Health and Wellbeing services, as the lead agent for both headspace Mt Isa and the Normanton Recovery and Community Wellbeing Service. More recently, Gidgee Healing has expanded its service delivery into the aged care sector in Doomadgee (Ngooderi House), Mornington Island (Kuba Natha Hostel) and Normanton (Kukatja Place).
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Aged Person’s Hostel including the delivery of quality care, lifestyle and accommodation for our residents. The Aged Care Service Manager is responsible for maintaining and ensuring services fully meet the eight core Quality Standards and associated outcomes as per the Single Aged Care Framework (2018).
We are looking for someone with:
- Previous experience in a leadership/management role within a community setting;
- Demonstrated ability to work sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; including an understanding of the health issues and/or social factors impacting the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a multi-disciplinary team, to foster a positive working environment and ensure the delivery of high quality practice management services;
- A sound understanding of workplace health and safety and an ability to implement safe work practices in the work environment;
- Highly developed relationship and stakeholder management skills.
- Previous successful experience in Aged Care Management roles.
- Current C Class Drivers Licence (QLD) – essential;
- Satisfactory police check – no serious Criminal/Court record;
- Current Blue Card (working with children and young people) or willingness to apply for a Blue Card;
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required, including the requirement to travel, work and stay overnight for up to several days at a time in remote areas;
- Willingness to travel by road and small planes.
Please note: All successful applicants are required to complete a National Police Check prior to commencement.
Blue Card note: The Blue Card No Card, No Start policy has gone into effect from 31st August 2020. No Card, No Start means that paid workers must have a valid blue card (no longer a pending application) before they can work for Gidgee Healing.
For further information on this exciting opportunity, please call Jacquita Chong on (07) 4749 6508.
Applications close Friday 19th February 2021.