Health Workforce Mount Isa QLD
Location: Mt Isa & Western QLD > Regional QLD
Worktype: Full Time
Profession / Role: Healthcare & Medical > General Practitioner
General Practitioner – Burke St Primary Health Care Clinic, Mount Isa
Gidgee Healing is currently seeking a General Practitioner to deliver integrated, comprehensive primary health care services at our Burke St Clinic in Mount Isa.
Whilst you are based in Mount Isa, you will also have the opportunity to practice at our clinics in beautiful Mornington Island, Doomadgee and Normanton.
You will be supported by a team of dedicated and supportive clinic staff including Registered Nurses, Aboriginal Health Workers, Medical Receptionists, Practice Managers and visiting Specialists and Allied Health providers; in addition to community and secondary service providers.
Gidgee Healing is a dynamic Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service that provides a comprehensive and growing range of primary health care services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people residing in the Mount Isa, North West and Lower Gulf of Carpentaria regions. Our services include General Practice, maternal and child health, social and preventative health, health promotion and education, allied health and specialist services. Gidgee Healing is also the lead agency for headspace Mount Isa and the Normanton Recovery and Community Wellbeing Service. The organisation strives to provide high quality health and wellbeing services in a culturally welcoming environment, to enhance the accessibility and uptake of health services by our clients and support the early identification and management of illness and chronic diseases.
- Qualified Medical Practitioner, holding unconditional current registration with AHPRA
- Vocationally Registered, FRACGP or FACRRM
- Eligible for unrestricted Medicare Provider Number
- Knowledge, understanding and sensitivity towards the social, economic and cultural factors affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples health.
- $300,000 ++ per annum + superannuation
- Medicare percentage income
- Relocation allowance
- Accommodation and car provided
- Generous yearly professional development allowance
- Several flights out of Mount Isa yearly
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Excellent salary sacrificing options
- Fly-in, fly-out arrangements may be considered.