We are seeking a reliable and professional customer service superstar, who thrives well under pressure and loves a challenge!
Gidgee provides a broad range of primary health care services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people across the region; including GPs, Nursing; Aboriginal Health Workers; Allied Health professionals; Maternal and Child Health; and visiting Medical Specialists. Gidgee also provides a range of family-focused Mental Health and Wellbeing services, as the lead agent for both headspace Mt Isa and the Normanton Recovery and Community Wellbeing Service.
The Medical Receptionist is responsible for the following:
- Providing a high standard of customer service;
- Effective and efficient administration of client appointment;
- Client data and client claims processing;
- General administrative support to the PHC Clinic team.
The position will actively contribute to the achievement of the PHC Clinic’s business objectives, including increased access and uptake of services from across the community, evidenced by patient numbers, attendance rates and Medicare billings.
- Certificate III in Medical Reception (and/or equivalent relevant experience).
- Experience working in a General Practice setting with varying degrees of established processes and systems.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Knowledge and understanding of MBS and the Medicare system.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and understand the cycle of care patient system.
- Computer and word-processing skills that demonstrate your experience in using MS Office package (Word, Excel), email and the internet and use of patient information/recall database systems.
- Ability to rapidly acquire an understanding of PHC clinic practices and systems and to work effective and efficiently with these practices and systems.
- Effective interpersonal skills including a high standard of customer service skills.
Please submit your application by close of business Thursday 09th September 2021 by clicking the apply button.