We are currently seeking a highly organized, positive and personable individual to manage and deliver exceptional quality services to our Mornington Island Primary Health Care Clinic.
ABOUT GIDGEE HEALING:
Gidgee Healing provides a broad range of primary health care services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people across the region; including GPs, Nursing; Aboriginal Health Workers; Allied Health professionals; Maternal and Child Health; and visiting Medical Specialists. Gidgee also provides a range of family-focused Mental Health and Wellbeing services, as the lead agent for both headspace Mt Isa and the Normanton Recovery and Community Wellbeing Service.
To ensure that operational processes support the delivery of high-quality primary health care services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the Mornington Island community.
Functional accountabilities of this role include:
- Manage the operations of the Mornington Island Primary Health Clinic in consultation with the Director of Primary Health Care.
- Lead the revenue optimisation and education for the clinics.
- Build and strengthen Gidgee Healing’s relationships with clients and patients and employees.
- Build the capacity of clinic administrative employees.
- Ensure consistent workplace procedures and practices are in place to support clinic management, business strategy and/or administrative processes.
- Previous experience in a leadership/management role within a community setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- An understanding of the health issues and/or social factors impacting the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a multi-disciplinary team, comprising both clinicians and administrative staff, to foster a positive working environment and ensure the delivery of high-quality practice management services.
- A sound understanding of workplace health and safety and an ability to implement safe work practices in the work environment.
- Ability to plan and prioritise own work and utilise initiative to deliver work activities and projects in a timely and effective manner.
- Contribute positively within a team environment, demonstrating a friendly, positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Demonstrated accuracy, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team and to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Previous experience in the use of Best Practice or other clinical and/or client management databases.
- An understanding or experience in general practice accreditation and standards.
- High level computer literacy.
- Current C Class Drivers Licence (QLD) – essential.
- Satisfactory police check – no serious Criminal/Court record.
- Current Blue Card (working with children and young people) or willingness to apply for a Blue Card.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required, including the requirement to travel, work and stay overnight for up to several days at a time in remote areas.
- Willingness to travel by road and small plane.
Applications to be submitted COB Wednesday 8th September 2021
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants strongly encouraged to apply!