- Make a difference to the lives of young people
- Exceptional career opportunity
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
Gidgee Healing is currently seeking a full-time Receptionist/Administration Officer to join their team at headspace Mount Isa. We are seeking a driven and energetic professional, with strong verbal and written communication skills. You will have the confidence to utilise your initiative to solve problems and achieve outcomes. Your personable approach will assist to manage stakeholder expectations and to build strong relationships with our young people.
The Administration Officer supports the Practice Manager to ensure the smooth day to day running of headspace Mount Isa, in order to meet the needs of young people
The Administration Officer is the first point of contact for many headspace clients so a youth friendly manner is essential for ensuring clients find the centre supportive and inviting
The Administration Officer is responsible for maintaining the reception area, answering and screening all incoming calls, timely mail distribution, room bookings and liaising closely with all members of staff
A good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Social Networking sites and medical software is essential for ensuring client appointments are booked, records updated and other associated tasks are completed to a high standard
To assist the Practice Manager and Centre Manager in achieving the strategic vision set out by the headspace Mount Isa work plan and other key tasks associated with the operation of a successful headspace Centre
Skills and Experience:
- Desirable possession of a certificate in a relevant discipline (such as Cert III in Business Administration (Medical) or Health Administration) and/or experience in a similar role Excellent computer skills including good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Social Networking sites and medical practice software
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience with levels of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
- Natural ability to plan, organise and follow through
- A demonstrated ability to work with young people in a manner that is approachable and youth friendly, however still mature minded
- Possess (or can obtain) a Working with Children suitability card, driver’s license
- Satisfactory police check – no serious Criminal/Court record;
- Current Blue Card (working with children and young people) or willingness to apply for a Blue Card.
- Blue Card note: The Blue Card No Card, No Start policy went into effect from 31st August 2020. No Card, No Start means that paid workers must have a valid blue card (no longer a pending application) before they can work for Gidgee Healing.
For further information on this exciting opportunity, please call Jacquita Chong on (07) 4749 6508 [link removed].
Please submit your application by Friday 19th February 2021