We are currently taking expressions of interest for the Allied Health Team Leader position within the Gidgee Healing Allied Health Team.
Gidgee provides a broad range of primary health care services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people across the Mount Isa and Lower Gulf region. Gidgee Healing is proud to have a multidisciplinary team of health professionals that includes GPs, Nurses, Aboriginal Health Workers, Allied Health professionals, Maternal and Child Health; and visiting Medical Specialists. Gidgee Healing also provides a range of support and wellbeing services, as the lead agent for both headspace Mount Isa and the Normanton Recovery and Community Wellbeing Service, as well as the Family Wellbeing Service and Social and Emotional Wellbeing services. More recently, Gidgee Healing has expanded its service delivery into the Aged Care sector in Doomadgee (Ngooderi House), Mornington Island (Kuba Natha Hostel) and Normanton (Kukatja Place).
The position is responsible for providing a high standard of professional and clinical leadership and organisational management for the Gidgee Healing Allied Health team. This position will report professionally to the Director of Primary Health and will work closely with other Team Leaders and program areas to actively contribute to the achievement of Gidgee Healing’s objectives for increased access to comprehensive primary health care and improved health outcomes for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people of Mount Isa and the Lower Gulf.
The successful applicant has a relevant tertiary degree (or equivalent) qualification in one of the Allied Health professions Dietetics, Exercise Physiology, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Psychology, Speech Pathology, Optometry, Audiology or Pharmacy and current registration or be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHRPA) or accreditation/ membership with the relevant professional body;
- Demonstrated ability to comply with the profession’s code of ethics and function in accordance with legislation affecting your profession;
- Experience in providing assessment, case management and Allied Health services to Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people is highly desirable;
- Experience leading a team and providing clinical guidance to Allied Health Professionals is highly desirable.
- Current C Class Drivers Licence (QLD) – essential; t
- Travel and work outside of normal working hours to meet operational delivery requirements;
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required including the requirement to travel, work and stay overnight for up to several days at a time in remote areas. Willingness to travel by road and small planes.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please click APPLY and submit your application by COB Thursday 16th September
For furthermore information on this position please contact Jacquita Chong on 0459907022