- Make a difference to the lives of young people
- Exceptional career opportunity
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
Gidgee Healing is currently seeking a full-time Vocational Specialist to join their team at headspace Mount Isa. We are seeking a driven and energetic professional, with strong verbal and written communication skills. You will have the confidence to utilise your initiative to solve problems and achieve outcomes. Your personable approach will assist to manage stakeholder expectations and to build strong relationships with our young people.
About the Position:
- Provide Individual Placement and Support (IPS) vocational services to young people with mental illness;
- Under the IPS Trial, Vocational Specialists will be fully integrated into the headspace multidisciplinary team;
- Provide career development advice, vocational and employment assistance to young people with mental illness up to the age of 25, in tandem with the headspace clinical team, to ensure these young people can achieve and maintain sustainable participation in vocational education and employment.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of the principles of Individual Placement and Support evidence-based supported employment;
- Demonstrate recovery-focused, person-centred attitude towards people with mental health needs and disabilities;
- Experience working with young people;
- Excellent organisational, time management and problem-solving skills, including the ability to manage competing priorities and meet organisational outcomes;
- Ability to work proactively and flexibly to meet individual needs;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver person-centred plans and supports;
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and proven ability to build and nurture relationships at a personal, organisational and community level;
- Well-developed computer, technology and administration skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to provide individualised job support to clients and employers;
- Ability to network effectively with key stakeholders, community organisations, clinical staff and employers;
- Ability to negotiate with and influence a variety of stakeholders to achieve a mutually beneficial outcome.
- Satisfactory police check – no serious Criminal/Court record;
- Current Blue Card (working with children and young people) or willingness to apply for a Blue Card.
Blue Card note: The Blue Card No Card, No Start policy went into effect from 31st August 2020. No Card, No Start means that paid workers must have a valid blue card (no longer a pending application) before they can work for Gidgee Healing.
Please submit your application by Thursday 18th February 2021