We are currently seeking a highly motivated, positive and personable individual to become part of our dynamic People and Culture team and support the ongoing growth in our organisation. This is a generalist position that will provide support in the delivery of a wide range of HR functions across the organisation.
ABOUT GIDGEE HEALING:
Gidgee Healing provides a broad range of primary health care services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people across the region; including GPs, Nursing; Aboriginal Health Workers; Allied Health professionals; Maternal and Child Health; and visiting Medical Specialists. Gidgee also provides a range of family-focused Mental Health and Wellbeing services, as the lead agent for both headspace Mt Isa and the Normanton Recovery and Community Wellbeing Service. More recently, Gidgee Healing has transitioned into providing Aged Care services across the Gulf regions of Queensland.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As the Administration Officer, you will be an integral member of the HR team, acting as a key contact point for all Human Resources related queries.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Recruitment Officer by sourcing candidates, performing background and reference checks, phone screening, interview scheduling and assisting hiring managers;
- Maintaining staff employment records ensuring all information is accurately documented;
- Assist with employee commencement and onboarding;
- Foster productive working relationships with all staff to ensure the delivery of seamless support;
- Assisting Gidgee staff to interpret and understand recruitment policies, procedures, terms and conditions relating to their own employment and to any staff managed by them.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction, determine priorities and manage workload in order to meet timelines and objectives;
- Ability to build effective relationships with key stakeholders;
- Ability to demonstrate and maintain a high level of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality;
- Self-motivated, proactive and reliable with the ability to use initiative and adapt well to change and solve problems with innovation, curiosity and optimism;
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, Word, Excel;
- Satisfactory police check – no serious Criminal/Court record;
- Current Blue Card (working with children and young people) or willingness to apply for a Blue Card;
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required;
- Willingness to travel by road and small planes.
Blue Card note: The Blue Card No Card, No Start policy went into effect from 31st August 2020. No Card, No Start means that paid workers must have a valid blue card (no longer a pending application) before they can work for Gidgee Healing.
For further information on this exciting opportunity, please call Human Resources on (07) 4749 6515.
Please submit your application by Monday 26th February 2021.
To apply click here.